Search Engine Optimization for Lawyers
Putting yourself and your firm on Google’s page one after an internet search may be easier than you think. It is all about how you define page one and patience. The way to put yourself on page one is through applying sound Search Engine Optimization techniques and applying them with consistency and over time. SEO takes time.
Put Your Plan Into Action
To use SEO effectively you have to develop a solid plan, put it into action, and continue it until you see the results you want. There are both online and offline SEO activities. You have complete control over what you do online. You can only influence what happens offline.
Here is a list of many SEO activities:
- Website review and creation
- Keyword Rich Page Title
- Description Meta Tag
- Keywords in Headers
- Promote local business on the web
- Promote video, images, audio content on the web
- Link Building
- Submit site to key directories
- Submit site to Google, Bing and Yahoo Local
- Writes articles with links for others
- Press and news releases
- Social Media (Branding)
- Begin a business blog
- Join Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- URL Promotion
- Include URL on stationary, cards, and literature
You can see the need for a plan and time management. There is a lot more that you can do but this list is limited to some key items.
To put yourself on that magical first page, you plan must incorporate local search as your primary methodology. What that means is you must incorporate your locale into your keywords and organic content. You can put yourself on a first page for Birmingham, Alabama over a period of time but trying to put yourself on the first page for the United States is a challenge you are unlikely to meet.
As daunting as this may look with all of the above activities, you can do it in two or three hours a week.
Where to Start
- Make sure your online SEO is complete. See web site creation and review.
- Submit Site to Google, Bing, and Yahoo local.
- Write articles and submit to article sites with links back to your site.
- Write a blog and post every two weeks or so.
- Join Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
Keep this up for at least six months and check your place on a Google local search for your area. You may be surprised where you place. And you always have the option to hire an SEO consulting firm.